Our stylists are well versed in the art of hair care, having amassed years of work in the hairdressing industry. Although they agree that maintaining healthy hair requires a lot of love and TLC, our team have shared some easy tips to fast track your way to beautiful, easy-to-style hair.
- Match your shampoo, conditioner and styling products to your hair type. Whether your hair is fine, curly, dry or coarse, styling is so much easier if your products are working for you. If you’re unsure about your hair type, ask your stylist to recommend products that will complement your hair
- Make sure you are rinsing your hair thoroughly after shampooing and conditioning. Allowing product residue to build up in your hair leads to dullness, and can leave your hair weighed down and difficult to style
- Always apply a protectant product before heat styling your hair, to minimise the potential of damage, and heal already stressed hair . We love Kevin.Murphy’s Damage.Manager, which protects hair from up to 220ºC temperatures
- Your hair needs certain nutrients to maximise its health and strength from the inside out. Vitamin deficiencies can lead to slowed hair growth – protein, biotin, iron, zinc and B vitamins are essential nutrients for healthy hair
- Treat yourself to a mini salon-style head massage each time you shampoo your hair. This will stimulate blood flow to your scalp, to improve your circulation and overall hair health
- Get acquainted with leave in products. Applying a quality leave-in masque treatment requires minimum effort, with maximum reward for your hair. Think of it like a good quality hand cream – leave-in treatments seal the hair’s cuticle layer, providing protection from styling and environmental stressors. Our stylists recommend the nourishing Miracle Hair Treatment by Eleven Australia