Blonde colour is generally the hardest on your hair’s health – particularly for clients with naturally dark hair.
- Our colourists have found that Olaplex is a total game changer when it comes to maintaining blonde colour. If you haven’t heard about Olaplex, it’s a service that is being touted as being revolutionary in the hairdressing industry. The genius products contain a single active ingredient that works to reconnect broken disulfide sulfur bonds in the hair, which break when chemically treated. As well as allowing clients to lighten their hair with minimal breakage or damage, the three step in-salon service actually works to extend the life of your colour. It’s a must-try for clients who find that their perfect tone fades, or washes out quickly.
- If you’re looking for a way to restore shine and neutralise unwanted brassy tones between colour appointments, an in-salon gloss and tone is a great way to go. As well as treating and softening your hair, a gloss treatment will enhance and restore luminosity to coloured tones.
- If you’re happy with your hue, avoid using clarifying shampoos and treatments as these can strip the the tone from your hair. Instead, make sure you’re using a high quality purple toned shampoo and deep conditioner like the Eleven Australia Keep My Colour Blonde treatment.
For Red Tones
Red tones are notoriously hard to maintain and will generally need to be touched up in the salon every four weeks – something to keep in mind if you’re thinking about switching shades.
- Our colourists have had great results using Olaplex to extend the life-span and vibrancy of red colours. It’s a great option for clients who want to take black, or dark brown hair to a lighter red-based tone without compromising the health or integrity of their hair. As well as minimising damage, the service can extend the life of your colour.
- Try not to wash freshly coloured red hair for a week after your service. After that, try to wash your hair less frequently. Invest in a quality dry shampoo, like Kevin.Murphy Fresh Hair to maximise the days between washing and eliminate product build up.
- When you do wash, keep in mind that hot water opens the hair follicle. As red is the largest colour molecule, it slips out each time you wash. Rinse with cold or lukewarm water – it doesn’t need to be freezing cold! Always follow up with a conditioning treatment or serum to seal the hair cuticle, for added moisture and colour protection. We love the nutrient-rich Eleven Australia 3 Minute Repair rinse out treatment.
- If you find your tone is fading quickly, we highly recommend the Revlon Nutri Color Crème range of take home treatments. These nourishing creme products restore the vibrancy and sheen of salon colour. The best part? You’ll see results in under three minutes. These babies are available in tones ranging from shimmering copper to rich mahogany (as well as browns, blondes and pastels).
This season brunette colour is all about rich jewel tones. Although going darker won’t damage your hair, maintaining a vibrant, healthy looking colour requires a proper maintenance routine.
- If you find that your brunette colour loses its radiance between appointments, an in-salon glaze or gloss colour is a great way to restore its lustre. With all the benefits of a deep conditioning treatment, the gloss colour product penetrates and seals the hair cuticle to leave its surface looking rich and shiny. It’s a simple, damage-free way to revive and enhance your colour.
- Condition and moisture are important elements of colour retention. The Treat.Me range, a botanical skincare inspired range of in-salon treatments developed by Kevin.Murphy, includes a targeted Colour.Protection treatment that can be further customised by your stylist to suit your exact hair needs. Ingredients like Moringa Oil and Gardenia Extract give instant and lasting results, for a vibrant looking colour.
- If your brunette hue becomes brassy after shampooing, keep in mind that purple toned products aren’t exclusively for blondes. Rotate your normal shampoo and conditioner with the Kevin.Murphy Blonde.Angel wash and rinse combo to eliminate brassy tones between appointments.